Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Life's a Beach

Duxbury Bay sunset July 27th 2010 8:01pmAfter a typical weekday of 13 hours living a rat race (aka working in the city) I spent one hour tonight at Duxbury Beach. If the symptom is too much stress then the prescription has to be: 78 degree air, 72 degree crystal clear water, low tide (lots of sand), an amazing sunset, and the full moon rising from the water.

Within a minute of hitting that water, all of the stress is gone. Just like that. Almost magic. It's not like I get to do this very often, so it's even more enjoyable and relaxing when it happens. I tried on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings, but it literally rained on the parade each and every time. Last night it worked out but I didn't have my camera with me. two nights in a row, wow.

There is nothing like swimming by myself in the Atlantic Ocean with the great white sharks. I saw Jaws first run in the movie theater as a kid, so I always have an eye open for large fins. If you saw Jaws in the 70's like that, you don't forget to be afraid of sharks, I promise.

I'd like to do this again real soon, and with any luck I will. Maybe in 2 weeks, that's how the tides go. I'm going to try to get the family to join me before the summer is done (which happens extra early this year for us). Please don't go to the beach, it's much better when it's really quiet. It's my beach not yours ;)

Duxbury Beach 7:59pm July 27th 2010

1 comment:

cathy said...

OK, I won't go... Just post more pictures!